Location: Orlando, FL 32825
Closing Date: Wednesday April 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM EST
Degree Requirement: Master’s degree or higher in Library Science from a regionally accredited institution and an ALA-accredited program. In addition to the Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred).
This is a 12 Month Tenure Track Position and candidates must meet the College’s requirements for tenure.
• Course of study in technology is preferred.
• Library and Information technology certificate is preferred.
• At least one year of instructional experience in an academic library setting.
• Experience in library instruction and conducting library research.
• Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
• Demonstrable ability to integrate mobile technologies in pedagogy.
• Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment.
• Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and related concepts in an online setting.
• Experience with Blackboard or other LMS.
To learn more about Valencia’s Total Rewards package, which features free medical and dental benefits, professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more,click here
Full Time tenure track positions are compensated based on the Full Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to apply for the job listed above, click on either the “Apply with LinkedIn” button to use your LinkedIn profile, or click “Apply Now,” located on the left, to complete the application process.
For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This includes a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, letters of reference and any other documents related to this position.
Once you have completed the application process, included documents cannot be altered and no additional documents can be uploaded.
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference must be attached at the time of application
- Cover letter and resume