Join Our Team!
Valencia College is seeking two Dean of Mathematics for our Osceola and East Campuses, to join our dedicated team of educational leaders. Join an organization committed to helping our students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent. Leaders. Inspirers. Motivators.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 61,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and achieving a true work/life balance.
The Dean of Mathematics is a front-line learning leader of the college and a member of the Campus President's executive staff, responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia's Strategic Learning Plan.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution (required) or higher in related field.
- Experience in formulating strategic division plans
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns
- Experience in administering the budget by collaborating with faculty and staff to determine funding needs and priorities
- Experience teaching at the community college level preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations
Please click here for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Locations: Central FL
Osceola Campus (1) & East Campus (1)
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $94,834 - $111,430 per year
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
*For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, no other documents may be uploaded or altered.