Join Our Team! Join us in creating better tomorrows
Valencia College is seeking an experienced database administrator with a strong knowledge in development DBAs and production DBAs, to lead the implementation of the Central Florida Education Ecosystem Database in a Director's role.
As a Director, you will provide leadership for the CFEED (Central Florida Education Ecosystem Database) implementation, which is the creation of a student record shared database in collaboration with Accenture (Technical Partner) and Educational Partners from Orange County Public Schools, School District of Osceola County, Valencia College and the University of Central Florida.
In this role, you will represent Valencia College as one of four academics partners to apply analytics and identify insights into student progression across all educational levels. The Director will provide leadership for the CFEED governance plan that includes a Steering Committee, Leadership Team, Communications Team, and Institutional Research Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required].
- Demonstrate experience in managing large-scale technology projects working with system integrators such as Accenture
- Will have knowledge of database development, data integrity and validation methods
- Have strong knowledge of data warehouse, business intelligence and analytic systems
- Have PMP Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) and strong experience in IT Project Management (preferred)
- Have minimum three years of experience in project management reporting and analytics
This position is a three year grant project that will be sustained after grant approval.
While there are other places to find employment, at Valencia College you'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world. So if you are looking for more than just a job, but actually make a difference we are looking for you.
Please click here for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards:
Valencia College is committed to providing employees with a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Your total rewards include significantly more than just your base salary. Valencia’s total rewards program offers a wide-ranging combination of pay, benefits, employee development, and work/life balance in a meaningful, collaborative work environment. Click here for Total Rewards details
Salary Range: up to $100,000 per year
Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required]
Location: West Campus - Orlando, FL 32835
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Letters of reference