Valencia College is now hiring a Security Officer (Part Time).
Change lives, starting with your own.
Responsible for ensuring traffic safety, protection of college property and personnel and the preservation of good order.
1. Regulates parking and traffic to prevent accidents and congestion.
2. Patrols parking areas in an effort to prevent unauthorized loitering, parking, thefts, and vandalism.
3. Issues citations for parking violations.
4. Locks down buildings at the close of classes.
5. Records information on persons entering buildings after business hours and identifies persons on college property when the College is closed.
6. Patrols building interiors and walkways.
7. Is alert to the normal positioning, functioning, or operation of emergency and safety systems.
8. Offers assistance to college personnel, students, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
9. Responds to emergencies of a medical, criminal, and mechanical nature.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience as a security officer/guard or in a position with similar duties.
3. Security or related training certificate (that meets or exceeds security requirements under Florida Statute 493.6203 Class D) [required].
4. Current, valid Florida Class D driver's license [required].
5. As a condition of employment you must be able to meet the Evacuation Chair Proficiency test requirements, which require you to independently transport an individual sitting in an evacuation chair down a flight(s) of stairs efficiently[required].
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Ability to enforce regulations consistently.
4. Ability to lift heavy objects.
5. Ability to work different shifts and different campus locations.
6. Ability to describe people and objects in accurate detail.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, no other documents may be uploaded or altered.
*Valid Florida driver's license
*Security or related training certificate that meets or exceeds security requirements under Florida Statute 493.5203 Class D
Locations: Orlando, FL - various locations
East Campus, Orlando, FL 32825
Lake Nona Campus, Orlando, FL 32832
Osceola Campus, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Poinciana Campus, Kissimmee, FL 34646
School of Public Safety, Orlando, FL 32825
West Campus, Orlando, FL 32811
Winter Park Campus, Winter Park, FL 32789
Salary: $11.83 Per Hour
This particular job posting is an “Open Pool” position. When an opening does occur, the hiring manager will draw from the pool of applicants we have on file.