Join Our Team!
Are you an eco-friendly ground maintenance expert that loves energy efficient-landscapes and believes in green maintenance practices?
Valencia College is now hiring a Grounds Maintenance Supervisor. The Grounds Maintenance Supervisor, reports directly to the Managing Director of Grounds, oversees both campus landscape and hardscape maintenance utilizing both in-house and contracted services, as well as the Fleet Maintenance activities carried out by the on-site mechanics.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum 7 years’ experience, with minimum 3 years’ experience scheduling/supervising a grounds maintenance team, or a combination of education and experience.
- Have experience overseeing mechanics and Fleet/2-cycle maintenance utilizing in-house and contracted vendors.
- Have an high school diploma or GED required. Minimum AA degree from a college or trade school in horticulture or closely related field preferred.
- Have a Florida Drivers’ License or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire (required).
- Have a Chemical Applicators License from the State of Florida (required).
- Have knowledge of Central Florida native/ornamental landscape design, installation and maintenance and the equipment needed to accomplish these tasks.
- Have Microsoft Office software and computer operated irrigation system software (required).
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment. You'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world. So if you are looking for more than just a job, then we are looking for you!
Please click here for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…. click here
Location: West Campus - Orlando, FL 32811
Department: Grounds Maintenance
Salary: $37,725 to $43,384 per year
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 7:00pm EST.
To apply with your resume and other related documents, click the orange “apply now” button. All documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position.
If you choose to apply with LinkedIn, click on the blue “Apply with LinkedIn” button. Please note that committee members will not be able to see your LinkedIn details if your settings are adjusted to private.