Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Professor Sound & Music Production Technology to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team as a full-time tenure-track appointment beginning fall 2018.
Valencia College’s Sound Technology program new building includes a Dolby Atmos immersive sound mixing/dubbing stage, MIDI labs, two recording studios, two mixing and post production sound suites, and a mastering room, all in 7.1 surround and higher.
Our graduates work in Post-Production companies, radio and television, mastering hoses, Live Sound and Event audio, recording studios, training and simulation, the major Theme Parks, concert venues, equipment vendors, system design companies as designers, installers and integrators ,and in major technology companies such as Intel and Lockheed-Martin.
We offer an A.S. degree with a focus on running live sound and real-world recording sessions for media and music soundtracks. This is a technical program with a direct connection to Valencia College’s Electrical Engineering program.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Sound Technology, Music Engineering, Audio Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Recording Arts by the official start date, August 2018. A master's degree is preferred.
- Have a strong background in audio recording, live sound, or audio for Film, Video, Television, Video Games, Virtual reality, and Enhanced Reality Sound.
To view the complete job description for the tenure track appointment role, CLICK HERE
Salary: Full Time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Full Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Location: Orlando, FL 32825 - East Campus (1)
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 7:00pm EST
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation.
- Learning-centered statement.
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference.
Ten-month, tenure-track professors are, in addition to teaching in discipline, responsible for curriculum development, selection of discipline resources, assists in the development and evaluation of faculty and participates in college governance activities. As a 10-month, tenure track faculty member, you will be on a continuing contract to teach 5 courses, maintain 10 office hours, and 10 college service hours that may include, but not limited to serving on committees and work teams, research and special projects.
Valencia’s tenure-track professors must successfully complete a five-year tenure earning process for continued employment.