Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a Learning Assistant I to join the Student Activity Tutoring OSC team.
In this role you will be responsible for one on one or small group tutoring to currently enrolled students in a particular discipline.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
We are looking for tutors in any one of the following subjects:
- Accounting (completed ACG2021C & ACG2071C with a B or higher)
- Economics (completed ECO2013 & ECO2023 with a B or higher)
- Computer Fundamentals (completed CGS2100 with a B or higher - preferred OST2825C and OST2836C)
- Medical Office Administration (completed OST1110C, OST1461C, OST1257C, OST1355C, or OST2464 with B or higher)
- Information Technology (completed COP2224C, COP2800C, COP2830C, or COP2822C with a B or higher)
Please CLICK HERE for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Student Activity Tutoring OSC
Salary: $8.11 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.