Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Part-time Librarian to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team.
As a Librarian, you will be responsible for preparing and delivering instruction to students, faculty, and staff in the use of information resources and technologies in various modalities (including individual, group, classroom, hybrid, online, etc.).
Librarians are also responsible for assisting students, faculty, and staff in locating, evaluating and accessing Library information. Librarians provide critical thinking skills and techniques while promoting information literacy in instructional programs and training.
If you have what it takes to become a Librarian at one of the nation's top community colleges, then we want to hear from you!
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master's degree or higher in Library Science from a regionally accredited college or university with an ALA-accredited program (required)
- Experience in library instruction and conducting library research
- Reference experience in an academic library (preferred)
- Ability to do some light (under 15 pounds) lifting and carrying
- Availability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus location as required
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more click here
Salary: $27.97 per hour
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:00pm EST.
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available