Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring Learning Assistant I (Part-Time) to join the Student Activity Tutoring team on the Osceola Campus.
In this role you will be responsible for providing academic assistance and learning-centered tutoring to currently enrolled Valencia College students. Tutors are needed in the disciplines of Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics with Med Applications, Bio-Technology, and other science areas.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A maintained GPA of 3.0 or higher in the discipline they will be tutoring
- Prior tutoring experience
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
- Learning Assistants are needed to tutor in the following disciplines: Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics with Med Applications, Bio-Technology, and other science subjects
- Applicants must submit a copy of their unofficial transcripts with their application, cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. If selected for interviews, a science professor's letter of recommendation will be required.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Kissimmee, FL 34744 - Osceola Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Student Activity Tutoring OSC
Work Hours: Tutors needed Monday through Saturday (schedule to be determined upon hiring, based on candidate's availability and tutoring center's hours of operation).
Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: 8am-8pm; Friday: 8am-5pm; Saturday: 8am-12pm
Salary: $8.46 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to be considered for this position.