Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring a Network Administrator, Sr. to join the Network & Information Security Systems Services team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a member of the Network and Infrastructure Services (NIS) team collectively responsible for the installation, maintenance and overall technical administration of College network and server systems
- Ensuring the 24/7 availability, integrity, security and reliability of all Network Systems
- The settings, configuration and maintenance of LAN/WAN and related hardware/software
- Providing troubleshoots pertaining to LAN/WAN to meet users' needs
- Taking initiative for the network security and systems upgrades
- Relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performing a variety of tasks (May lead and direct the work of others)
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 - 7 years of related experiences
- Strong knowledge of network and server administration processes and best practices with a strong security awareness and focus
- Experience with traffic security, shaping, and management via Palo Alto, and SonicWall layer 7 firewalls
- Cisco Wireless controllers, Cisco Prime Wireless management and monitoring, and wireless access points
- Experience with wireless provisioning and troubleshooting support utilities (site surveys, signal interference, and rogue access point detection)
- Experience with wireless network access control (NAC) solutions and related best practices
- Experience with Edge Switch support (i.e. Extreme and Cisco Switches)
- Experience and ability to monitor, read logs, and troubleshoot Edge switches devices
- Experience with and ability to develop and follow change management procedures and guidelines
- Experience in the following areas
a. Operating system familiarity with Linux, Cisco, Extreme, F-5 platforms.
b. Forefront, SCOM, and related systems and services; l-- Network security systems and best practices.
c. Enterprise back-up software (NetBackup).
d. TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN, WAN familiarity and analytical skills in an enterprise environment.
e. DNS/DHCP familiarity as well as troubleshooting of same.
f. Systems management, monitoring and tuning tools and processes to include but not limited to, What’s Up Gold, Solarwinds, Logrhythm, etc.
g. Systems integration including operating systems, and networks.
h. Identification and resolution of software/hardware interface problems.
i. Scripting and other programming languages to perform and automate routine tasks.
j. Help in analyzing network system logs and tread dumps.
k. Disaster recovery concepts and best practices.
l. Load balancing and clustering (BigIP/F5).
m. Experience working within a formal project management and change management methodology.
n. Networking equipment to include, but not limited to, Cisco, Extreme, F5.
o. Telecommunication switches and equipment (VoIP) to include, but not limited to, SIP, Skype for Business required protocols.
p. Other software and systems, including: Apache Tomcat, , proxy servers, LDAP, PHP, RADIUS, VPN, Shibboleth, Java.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Network & Information Security Systems Services
Salary: $54,881 to $72,717 per year
Closing Date: Wednesday July 3, 2019 at 7:00 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.