Join our Team.
Valencia College is seeking Part-Time Faculty, Earth Science to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team on the Winter Park Campus.
In this position, you will be responsible for teaching courses in Earth Science. Other teaching assignment may be made as needed by the Department.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
Degree Requirement: A Master's degree, or higher, with a major in various earth science fields including geology, oceanography or related area OR a Master's degree in another field + 18 graduate semester hours in various earth science fields including geology, oceanography or related area. Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: On-campus face-to-face and mixed-mode classes - mostly daytime, some evening.
Location: Orlando, FL 32789 - Winter Park Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available