A unique opportunity is awaiting you!
Valencia College is now seeking a skilled and dynamic Executive Assistant to join our Valencia Downtown Team. In this role you will be responsible for advanced and highly responsible administrative support to the Downtown Campus Executive Dean. Assignments will require extensive working knowledge of the College and programs under executive management jurisdiction. Furthermore, the position will require a considerable amount of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion.
As an Executive Assistant you will have the opportunity to assist with developing a campus environment that allows faculty and staff to create positive, effective and innovative learning environments.
If you are passionate about making a difference and improving quality of life through access, expanded opportunities that builds upon our downtown industry strengths, then consider applying for the Executive Assistant at the Valencia Downtown Campus.
The successful candidate will:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public
- Progressively responsible experience involving staff assistance and advanced secretarial/administrative work which demonstrates the ability to work without close supervision
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (required), Microsoft Access preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically, work independently and problem solve
- Supervisory experience
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
Please click here for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off – winter break, spring break, vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Location: Downtown Campus
Department: Executive Dean's Office
Salary: $34,296 to $39,440 per year
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 7:00pm EST.