Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Professor, Electronic Engineering Technology to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team as a full-time, 8 Month Annual Appointment beginning Spring 2020.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
Degree Requirement: A master's degree with a major in electronics engineering technology or related electronics, electrical or computer engineering fields or 18 graduate semester hours in electronics engineering technology or related electronics, electrical or computer engineering fields and a master's degree.
Additional Information: Experience in PLCs and robotics is needed.
To view the complete job description for the 8 -Month annual appointment role, CLICK HERE
Salary: Faculty positions are compensated based on the Full Time Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Endowed Chairs and Sabbatical leave
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation.
- Learning-centered statement.
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available.