Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring a Part-Time Learning Assistant II (Science) to join the Learning Support Center team.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Successfully completed college courses in one or more of the following subject areas: biology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology
- Earned a B or higher in any of the following courses: BSC 1005, BSC 1010, BSC 1011, CHM 1020, CHM 1025, CHM 1045/2045, CHM 1046/2046, BSC 2085/2093, and/or BSC 2086/2094
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience in providing instruction or tutoring
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
To view the complete job description for this role, click here.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32801 - Downtown Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Learning Support Center
Salary: $ 12.38 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 at 7PM EST.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.