Join our Team.
Valencia College is seeking a Part Time Faculty, Energy Management/Controls Technology (Building Automation) to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team.
The Energy Management/Controls Technology faculty member is responsible for teaching classes in our Energy Management and Controls Technology Program, a two-year sequence that prepares students for direct transition into the specialized career field of energy management and building automation and control. This one-of-a-kind program teaches students how to efficiently manage and control a building’s electrical and mechanical systems using a broad range of current and emerging technologies. Students will develop a proficiency in HVAC/R commercial systems, control theory, logic and programming, installation, and system design and integration. In this position you will be responsible to prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned teaching modalities, prepare instructional materials, provide feedback on students' progress, and evaluate student mastery of course and program outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- The minimum requirement is an Associate or Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least eight or six years of building automation systems (BAS) industry experience, respectively. The ideal/preferred candidate will have a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least four years of BAS industry experience
- Building Automation Systems Control teaching experience at the community college level or related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching and student-centered learning
- Experience working with students of various ages and cultural, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals
Additional Information: Relevant background experiences may include the following: building automation systems control technology, commercial building efficiency, HVAC, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and cyber security networking.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 -West Campus
Closing date: Wednesday, September 2nd 2020 at 7 PM EST
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.