Valencia College is now hiring Learning Assistants II - HR0324 (Foreign Languages)-Part Time.
-The Learning Assistant II will be responsible for providing academic assistance, mentoring and learning centered tutoring to any currently enrolled student based upon appropriate assessment of student needs.
1. Provides one on one or small group tutoring to currently enrolled students in a particular discipline.
2. Assesses academic ability of students being tutored using provided measurement instruments.
3. Meets with supervisory staff on a regular scheduled basis to discuss academic progress of students being tutored.
4. Assists supervisor with academic needs assessment.
5. Documents student progress for each session using provided instruments.
6. Implements an academic action plan for each session using provided instruments.
7. Participate in staff development training.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have evidence of successful completion of college level academic work.
2. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
1. Ability to follow instructions from supervisor and other faculty.
2. Ability to work a variety of hours, which includes nights and weekends.
3. Ability to use computer hardware and software programs related to discipline area.
4. Ability to tutor individuals or small groups of students in advanced coursework.
5. Ability to use appropriate learning techniques/strategies to achieve specific learning outcomes.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
The Foreign Language Lab assists students enrolled in foreign language courses such as Spanish, French, and German. Tutoring and workshops are available to help students grasp core concepts in order to become successful in their foreign language courses.
Location: East Campus
Department: Student Activity Tutoring
Salary: $12.19 Per Hour
1) Applicants will be asked to take a placement test to determine proficiency level.
2) Learning Assistant's are needed for French, Spanish, German, and Latin
3) Please attach your unofficial transcripts under the additional documents section of the application.
4) Hours per week may fluctuate based on the needs of the business.
- To apply with your resume and other related documents, click the orange “apply now” button.
- If you choose to apply with LinkedIn, click on the blue “Apply with LinkedIn” button. Please note that committee members will not be able to see your LinkedIn details if your settings are adjusted to private. To allow all committee members access to your LinkedIn information, please make sure that your profile settings are adjusted to “public” to allow your information to be viewable.
- For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, no other documents may be uploaded or altered.