Valencia College is now hiring an Office Aide II - HR0504 (Part Time).
- General clerical/computer duties supporting departmental staff. This position involves answering telephone calls, providing information, data entry, document scanning, and referral services.
1. Receives and routes telephone calls, answers routing questions, provides information or refers call to appropriate individuals.
2. Provides clerical support to the departmental staff/managers as required.
3. Enters date into the Atlas/Banner computer system, runs reports and letters, and uses Microsoft Office Suite software. Operates office machines such as printers, folder/stuffer machines, and mailing equipment.
4. Files documents, maintains student folders, and retrieves documents for staff.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Clerical experience which demonstrates the ability to maintain extensive records and provide customer services.
3. Experience with computers.
4. Knowledge of office practices and procedures, preferably in a financial aid environment.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
8. Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
9. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
10. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This could include: resume, cover letter, all letters of reference, or any other applicable documents related to this position. Once you have completed the application process, no other documents may be uploaded or altered.
Location: East Campus
Department: Student Activity Tutoring
Salary: $12.19 Per Hour
*Hours per week may fluctuate based on the needs of the business
- To apply with your resume and other related documents, click the orange “apply now” button.
- If you choose to apply with LinkedIn, click on the blue “Apply with LinkedIn” button. Please note that committee members will not be able to see your LinkedIn details if your settings are adjusted to private. To allow all committee members access to your LinkedIn information, please make sure that your profile settings are adjusted to “public” to allow your information to be viewable.